Rishabh Pant went past MS Dhoni to become the fastest Indian wicketkeeper to rating 1000 Check runs. He reached the mark in the course of the ultimate day of the Brisbane Check.
Pant crossed the 1000-run determine in his twenty seventh Check innings, 5 lesser than former Indian captain MS Dhoni.
The 23-year-old was stranded at 999 Check runs in the course of the first innings of the Brisbane Check, however reached the mark with a double on the fourth supply of his innings.
This is the record of Indian wicketkeepers who crossed 1000 runs in Exams with the innings during which they reached the mark:
- twenty seventh innings – Rishabh Pant
- thirty second innings – MS Dhoni
- thirty sixth innings – Farokh Engineer
- thirty seventh innings – Wriddhiman Saha
- thirty ninth innings – Nayan Mongia
- forty fifth innings – Syed Kirmani
- fiftieth innings – Kiran Extra
Earlier, India started Day 5 on 4/0, chasing a goal of 328 to win the Brisbane Check and seal the four-match collection 2-1.
India had bowled Australia out on 294 within the second innings, with Mohammed Siraj taking 5 wickets within the innings. The 26-year-old bowler additionally ended as India’s highest wicket-taker within the collection.