JNTUH Guidelines for autonomous Colleges
Following orders have been issued to Autonomous Colleges under the jurisdiction of JNTUH for compliance:
1) All the autonomous colleges are mandated to register all the admitted / promoted students along with the photograph and signature with the University Examination Branch (UEB) of JNTUH upon completion of admission process and within one week of commencement of academic year / semester.
2) Autonomous colleges shall submit academic calendars, academic regulations of each program. examination schedules / notifications. subject wise registration of each student duly approved by the academic council of the college to the UEB, at the beginning of each semester along with the list of detained students.
3) Autonomous colleges shall submit all malpractice cases and semester exam question papers to UEB along with the syllabus copy soon after completion of Examinations.
4) From time to time University will notify the autonomous colleges about the mode of conducting examinations in accordance with the guidelines issued by the UGC and the state government for compliance.
5) The resolutions of the academic councils duly signed by the all three experts nominated by the University should be submitted to the Registrar of the University.
6) The autonomous colleges shall declare the examination results in the presence of the University nominees. The examination results duly approved by the competent body should be submitted to the UEB immediately. The results shall be released with due permission of the Honble Vice-Chancellor of JNTUH.
7) The autonomous colleges shall follow the UGC guidelines for autonomous colleges for issue of certificates / marks memos including provisional certificates to the students. The original degree certificate will be issued by the affiliating University. The provisional certificates may be issued to the students only after approval from the University / Honble Vice Chancellor.
8) All the academic regulations and the minimum credit requirement for the issue of degree as specified by UGC / AICTE should be fully complied with.
9) Results analysis reports of regular 8 .; supplementary exams of each semester should be approved by the University.
10) All end Examination question papers shall be set by external examiners drawn from the faculty of the other autonomous colleges or Universities and answer paper evaluation should be carried out by the external valuers.
11) JNTU-H shall specify the moderation procedures for processing the examination results.
12) The pass percentage of the autonomous colleges shall be analyzed by the university before and after granting the autonomous status to cross verify whether autonomous status is properly used or misused.
13) JNTU-H shall carry academic audit of each autonomous college every year and forward guidelines / policy notifications every year to ensure uniformity among all the autonomous colleges with regard to
a) Weightage of internal and external marks
b) Minimum credits for award of degree
c) Number of credits for project works for UG programs
d) Examination fee structure / revaluation fee / condonation fee and all other fees except tuition fee shall have to be on par with the university fee structure.
e) Academic activities of Autonomous colleges shall be audited regularly by the university to ensure implementation of the guidelines / policy for quality.
f) Pattern of question papers.
Download the Official Notification Here: Click Here