It’s that point of the 12 months once more, the temperatures are setting new information, and other than wrapping ourselves in layers of woolen, there’s little that you are able to do in combatting this biting chilly. Rasam is a South Indian soup that’s served piping sizzling and is supposed to be consumed that manner. Individuals additionally prefer to pair rice and idli with their rasam, as a result of the soup is so versatile and loaded. It’s sharp, tangy, spicy and simply excellent for the climate. There are various sorts of rasam, however now we have to say that we’re a tad biased in direction of tomato rasam, merely due to the tangy punch it comes with.
(Additionally Learn: Pepper Rasam: Enhance Your Immunity With This Flavourful South Indian Soup (Recipe Inside)
In her recipe video, meals vlogger Reshu exhibits us easy methods to make simple tomato rasam at dwelling. The recipe video was posted on ‘Cooking With Reshu’ YouTube channel.
(Additionally Learn: Indian Cooking Ideas: How To Make Rasam Powder For Restaurant-Fashion Rasam At House)
Observe these simple steps to make tomato rasam the straightforward manner:
1. Begin with making the masala, warmth some toor dal, fenugreek seeds, coriander seeds, crimson chillies, black pepper, cumin seeds, garlic cloves, roast them on low medium flame.
2. Add mustard seeds, curry leaves, roast till curry leaves are dry.
3. Switch the masala onto a plate, let it cool and grind it into a rough masala.
4. Wash and peel tomatoes and chop them roughly.
5. To the tomatoes add tamarind juice. You may make tamarind juice at dwelling, take about 15-20 tamarinds and soak them in water, mash them till you get the juice. You can even use lemon juice in case you wouldn’t have tamarind juice.
6. Mash and mix the tomatoes and tamarind juice. Hold it apart.
7. Subsequent warmth oil in a kadhai, add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, hing. Sautee on low medium flame.
8. Add crushed garlic and ginger, saute until barely golden.
9. Add crimson chillies, curry leaves and saute for 2-3 minutes.
10. Add turmeric powder, Kashmiri crimson chilli powder, combine nicely.
11. Add the tomatoes, combine nicely. Throw in some salt for style. Add water let it come to boil.
12. Add rasam masala, combine nicely. Let it prepare dinner for five minutes. Mash sometimes. Garnish with coriander leaves. The rasam is able to serve.
Watch: How To Make Tomato Rasam | Tomato Rasam Recipe Video
About Sushmita SenguptaSharing a robust penchant for meals, Sushmita loves all issues good, tacky and greasy. Her different favorite pastime actions aside from discussing meals consists of, studying, watching films and binge-watching TV exhibits.